Gift Guide for Your Man
Men can be ridiculously hard to shop for, especially on a holiday that mainly exists to make women feel better about themselves and more secure in their relationships. With the help of my own man, I put together this gift guide to help you out in your last week of shopping! 1. Shaving Starter Kit
- The Art of Shaving Sandalwood is personally Tyler's favorite scent, and my favorite scent to smell on him. 2. Sonicare Diamond Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush in Black
- Best Buy Nothing girly about this black beauty
, but it's a wife's bathroom decor dream. 3. San Francisco Neighborhood Print
- Flying Junction Co. Does your guy have a favorite city?
These prints are a cool way to help him decorate his bachelor pad or man cave, just don't get one that's too colorful - men appreciate simplicity. 4. Nate Three-Hand Stainless Steel Watch in Black
- Fossil For the businessman in your life. I'm extremely partial to watches and this one is the perfect combination to be dressy for work and casual for going out. Plus, it's a great price for Fossil! 5. "You Are My Greatest Adventure" Hand Made Print
- Brown Fox Calligraphy Bri has amazing handwriting! These are straight 'pen to paper' - no importing to Illustrator or
any other program and reprinting. A sweet reminder of what your guy means to you. 6. Instagram Fridge Magnets
You may not be able to get into his Instagram pics [or you could screen shot them all and upload to a private account..] but chances are, you have pictures on your Instagram of things that you've done and places you've been together. Fridge magnets are a fun way to keep those memories alive! Use code FRIENDTE91 for $4 off your order! 7. Movie Date They may not admit to it, but guys appreciate a girl helping out once in a while! Create a simple gift basket with popcorn, his favorite candy, and movie tickets for a date night - just make sure you let him pay for Valentine's and use this another time! 8. Chapstick - not pictured According to Tyler this should be on the list because, "Manly men don't invest in their lips," haha!
"Hey, I just met you.. this is crazy"
Gifts #3 and #7 are for you! You don't want to come across as too into it if it's only been a few weeks, and you don't want to make him feel bad if you've spent more than him!
#3 shows a bit of thoughtfulness, while #7 still keeps it cool. Either way, you don't want to spend over $25 or you'll risk him thinking that you're getting too attached too quickly! Whatever you do, steer clear of #'s 1 and 2!
"I think I Wanna Marry You"
If you've been together a while, it's okay to spend a little! Other than the gifts listed in "Hey, I just met you.." #'s 1, 5, and 6 are for you!
#1 comes in a mid-size as well if you want to spend a little extra, but the starter kit is great if he's never tried it before! #'s 5 and 6 would be great combined - tell him he's your greatest adventure then give him the gift of some adventures you've had together!
Ball and Chained Forever
Obviously, any of the gifts are perfect - just base them on your budget or what you think he'd like the most or need the most! I chose #'s 2 and 4 specifically for married or seriously commited couples, but you know your relationship best!
In addition to #6, I bought Tyler something nostalgic from his childhood - may seem silly to some but I know he'll appreciate having it and for us to start the tradition with our kids in the future!
Here's to a Happy Valentine's Day!
It's my favorite month! Mostly because it's my birthday month
.. I'm not a huge
Valentine's proponent, but I love an excuse to get dressed up and not have to cook! I also love to spoil Tyler with small gifts which since we got married and joined bank accounts, I've been doing less of. Valentine's gives me a reason to purchase something thoughtful for him - watch for guy idea gifts later this week!Here are a few items I've been swooning over that are Valentine's day related!
Joss & Main Find of the Day
| || |
Event Name: The French KitchenItem Name:
Daisy Tea KettleSale Ends: February 9SHOP NOW
There's one week left to shop and everyone has that one girl on their list that they don't know what to buy for them.. you know, the girl who constantly answers, "I don't know" every time you ask her what she wants. Sadly, I think I may be that person for my friends and family! If I want something throughout the year, I either work a few extra hours and save up for it or I convince myself that I don't need it - so by the time Christmas rolls around, it either doesn't exist anymore or I already have it stockpiled in the gifts my husband doesn't know he's getting me.
Here are a few things that "that girl" probably convinced herself she didn't need but might like to have, broken down by category! And when in doubt, a Target gift card is always a winner.
// Comfy Cozy //[from Left to Right]Kate Spade Candles
- Kate Spade New York
Love the color combos and encouraging memos Sherpa Robe in Beige - AnthropologieQuite possibly the softest robe. Ever.
Wish I'd taken it home with me!Faux Fur Hot Water Bottle - World MarketSold individually in stores
, in sets online. One for them and one for you?Sueded-Sherpa Moccasins
- Old NavyMy mom may or may not have these under the tree for me. Love slipper moccasins!Gold Stained Mugs - SHOP by Monika
I was able to get the Lip Stain before they sold out, but the Drip is super cute too!Fleece-Lined Leggings - TargetThese are THE BEST for winter!
// Tech Essentials //Baggu Gold-Dipped iPad Case - West ElmMonogramming available!Portable iPhone Charger* - Available on eBay, Amazon, and some J. Crew OutletsClearly I am old school with the iPhone 4
, but I'm always low on battery!SoundBender* - SoundBenderIf you've seen Sharktank, you know what's up!
Perfect for watching shows on the iPad.iPhone Cases - The Everygirl and Rifle Paper Co.Girly and durable. I love my RPC cover!
Top ChefAvocado Slicer - OXO for Williams SonomaMy husband and I live in California and still can't cut an avocado correctly.Bellezza Holiday Reindeer Dinnerware
- VietriAs featured in this Waiting on Martha Blog Post
- how could you not fall in love?Recipe Tin - Rifle Paper Co.The Citrus Floral Tin reminds me of my Mammaw and great-grandma's home cookin'!Gold Flatware - West ElmFor those fun brunches and fancy dinner parties!iPad Under Cabinet Mount - Belkin
With very little counter space in our apartment, I usually keep the recipe in another room and run back and forth. There are many versions of this, but this is the only non-permanent one! Dotted Linen Napkin Set
- AnthropologieiSpoon Kitchen Stylus - Umbra for CB2"Saves Your Touchscreen from Messy Fingers" - perfect when using a recipe on your iPad!Silicone Steamer
- OXO for TargetMarketed for steaming veggies, but I use this with pasta too to drain in the pot!
- Try to steer away from clothes unless you know her specific style and size
- Stick with neutral colored items [creams, beige, greys, blacks, whites, golds, and blush] - whether for clothes or decor these are sure to match or blend in with a majority of what she has already.
- If you can't find something in-store you know they want, check Google, Amazon and eBay, it's bound to be out there somewhere! Just try to buy NWT [new with tags!]
- Gift receipts! Don't buy anything that can't be returned unless you're 100% sure about it!
- *All items marked with an asterisk above are also great stocking stuffer ideas!
- Happy Shopping!