1. Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte - it's my version of Christmas in a Cup. The best part is that it's available year-round AND you can order it as a frap during the hot summer months. I also just found out they sell liters of the syrup for you to put in your own coffee at home.. uhm, yum.
2. COVERGIRL® Clump Crusher - Seriously, no clumps, and super light making it the perfect everyday mascara.
3. Skinny Cow Cookies 'n Dough - Available in your local grocery freezer section. The entire line features low calorie/low fat options making the dessert the perfect ending to any meal.
4. Pretty Pens - I love writing with cute pens like these, picked up in the Target $1 Spot!
5. High Heels Mystery Series - I love reading a good mystery especially when coupled with humor and fashion. I am on book 6 now, trying to take my time in hopes of another book being released before I finish book 7!
6. Post-It Notes - I would never get anything done without them. I picked up these cute sticky reminders at the Target $1 Spot with my pens!
7. White and Gold Colossians Print from SS Print Shop - every print is fantastic, but I especially love seeing this reminder on my nightstand every night before bed and every morning when I wake up.
8. Baby Mama - If you're ever in need of a good laugh. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
9. Crystal Necklaces - The perfect embellishment to almost any outfit; they even make a simple t-shirt look fancy! I got mine from J. Crew Factory online but can not find them on the website now - check your local factory outlet!
10. Down Comforters - I never want to get out of bed! They are an investment but definitely worth it! We worked with a registry agent at Macy's to help us pick the best one for our needs [I wanted a lot of fluff and my husband did not want extra heat] - there are so many options! Pair with down pillows and a Pottery Barn Duvet for the ultimate cozy experience!
GIVEAWAY: WIN a few of my favorite things! To enter you must:
1. Comment on this post with 3 of your favorite things and your email address.
2. Be a follower of BehindtheMaskRDH on Instagram
3. Like and comment on the corresponding Instagram picture and tag a friend!
Winner Announced 1 week from today, Monday, December 16.
- First of all, Julie Andrews ruined it for everyone. No high school, college, Broadway, drama group, drama club, etc. will ever be able to do her version justice. That said, they simply cannot be compared. So stop being silly and be nice. They DID NOT "ruin a classic."
- Many people complained that this NBC version changed so many things about the movie and created new songs, when in reality, it was the 1965 film that took liberties with the original 1959 Rodgers and Hammerstein script. The NBC version stuck closely to the Broadway play.
- I love Carrie Underwood, but I had seen her act in the Soul Surfer movie and was not impressed so I knew not to expect much in the way of acting. I feel like I "knew" Carrie beforehand in that, I didn't like seeing her act immature and, well, like a dumb blonde. Whereas The Sound of Music was my first introduction to Julie Andrews so seeing her act naive didn't bother me. As for Carrie's singing - not bad. She has an awesome voice, but you could tell she was getting winded at some points [like when she was walking backwards up the stairs with the VonTrapp kids] which brings me to my next point..
- Why was it LIVE?! And furthermore, why on earth are they going to try to sell the "Live" version on DVD? Live on Broadway is one thing, but Live on TV and DVD is another. So much more can be done with TV and Movies that would have provided a much better viewing experience and could edit out things like Carrie almost tripping down the set in her first scene and losing her breath after walking backwards up the steps. There would also be better scenery, which with today's technology, I am surprised at how terrible the backdrops were. I think the 1965 movie had better backdrops than this version. Also, Carrie would not have had to wear a wig. Just sayin'.
- All in all, not horrible. While I would purchase some songs off the sound track [Audra was amazing], I would not watch it again. If you missed it, I still recommend watching it, just make sure you're doing something at the same time.. like paying bills, folding laundry, doing homework, ironing, etc. so it's not a complete waste of three hours! If you're in the mood to just relax and snuggle up to a good movie, pop in the Julie Andrews version.
"So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.."
| || |